Birdwatching seems to have become a popular hobby these days.
Did you know that late summer is one of the best times of the year bird watch? This is due to the fact that as we get closer to fall, birds begin their fall migration.
Today we are learning how to make a Bird Feeder to help you attract some fine feathered friends to your house for great birdwatching.
- Peanut Butter (if peanut allergy try hazelnut spread, almond butter, or sun butter)
- Plastic knife
- Bird Seed (just regular sunflower seeds will work fine too)
Here are the instructions on what to do:
1. Lay something down to help keep your work station clean. We used a plastic place mat because it is easy to clean.
2. Take your empty toilet paper roll and begin spreading a generous amount of peanut butter on it.
4. Spread bird seed in a rimmed cookie sheet, cake pan, or plate
5. Roll peanut butter toilet paper roll into the bird seed. Press seed in firmly and ensure that the whole roll is covered in seed.
6. WaLa!!! A bird feeder! Head outside and slip it on a branch.
It’s time to bird watch!
We can’t wait to see your bird feeders.
Until Next Time!