Latest posts by Jessica Rice (see all)
- Avoid These Vegetarian Mistakes - January 29, 2015
- Jessica’s 10 Fit Facts - November 13, 2014
- 7 Fat Loss Problems That Might Be Standing In Your Way - October 22, 2014
Here are today’s 10 fit facts!
1. Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories per gram.
2. It takes about a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound.
3. Workout times and negative side effects are positively correlated. The quality of your workouts is more important than the quantity.
4. Being skinny does not automatically mean you have a low body fat. Body composition is what matters most.
5. The perimeter of the grocery store is where 90% of the healthy food is.
6. Exercise increases energy levels and increases serotonin in the brain, which leads to improved mental clarity.
7. Exercise Gives You Energy! The physical tiredness you feel after working out isn’t the same as everyday fatigue. Once your body adjusts to exercise, you’ll have more energy than ever throughout each day!
8. People who have exercise partners stay with their programs and reach their goals more often than those who try to do it alone.
9. Exercise can slow or help prevent heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis (bone loss), and loss of muscle mass
10. Exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy!