When you finish this activity, show us what you did. Click Here to send us a picture!
Spring is in the air! The flowers are blooming, the trees have new leaves, and the birds are chirping.
Celebrate Spring in your house with this fun project that you and your family can do together. Today we are planting seeds in plastic bottles. Sounds cool right?
Here are the instructions on what to do.
Silly Face Planter
1. Gather your supplies. You will need: a plastic water bottle, scissors, soil, seeds of your choice (we chose grass seeds so it will look like hair. Chive seeds would work well too.), glue (you might need a grown ups help if you decide hot glue might work best), and craft supplies to make a silly face. We used foam eyes and pipe cleaners. But you can use your imagination! Whatever you like to make the face.
2. First, have a grown up help you cut the top off of the bottle. You can make it as long or as short as you would like. Be careful. Sharp edges may be left on the plastic.
3. Fill your water bottle about 3/4 full of good soil.
4. Sprinkle seeds on top of soil.
5. Get a small scoop of soil and cover the seeds with about a 1/4 inch of soil.
6. Moisten the soil well with water.
7. Decorate your bottle to make a silly face. You could choose to do this as step one if you wish and then do your planting after you have put on your silly face. It is up to you.
8. Place in a sunny window, keep soil moist, and watch it grow!
So Get Planting! Show us your silly face creations. Have your parents upload a picture of your awesome Silly Face Planter HERE.
Until Next Time, Stay Curious!